ANNUAL SUGAR CANE FESTIVAL PHOTOGRAPHY SHOW
Photographs will be accepted from noon to 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, September 22, 2016 with a limit of 5 photographs. The judging is Friday morning. The show will be open to the public from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Friday, September 23, 2016, and from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, September 24, 2016. All exhibits must remain on display until 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, September 24, 2016 and must be removed by 5:00 p.m.
All pictures entered must have phone number and name of photographer who took picture written on the rear and have a hanging wire attached.
Description of Categories
- Floral: Flowers should be the main subject
- People: People or a single person should be a part of the main subject
- Nature: Includes all living and non-
living elements of nature including birds, insects, reptiles, amphibians, fungus, rocks, and plants other than flowers
- Scenic: Includes natural and unnatural scenic elements such as waterfalls, landscapes, cityscapes, rivers, and beaches
- Animals: Includes all warm blooded animals or mammals
- Black and White: Photos should contain black and white elements and printing
- Computer Enhanced : Any photo that has been had elements added or removed.
- Sugarcane Industry: Include any element of growing and celebrating Sugarcane!
- New Category: Advanced Photographer: All photographers who have won a blue ribbon or higher award at previous Sugar Cane Festival Photography Shows, or photographers that derive more than 50% of their income from photography are asked to compete in this category. This category has no separate divisions.
Please contact Chairman, Mickey Delcambre for more information. 337-380-4165.