ANNUAL SUGAR CANE FESTIVAL ART SHOW
Hosted by L’Acadian Art Guild
Artists are invited to participate in this annual competition sponsored by Louisiana Sugar Cane Festival, held at the Cyr-
Gates Community Center.
Rules & Regulations
- Artwork may be submitted at the Center from 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm on Thursday, September 22, 2016.
- There is a limit of 5 pieces of two-dimensional artwork in any medium per participant.
- All artwork must be ready to be hung on a hook.
- Artwork on gallery profile wrapped canvas does not need to be framed, but artwork on any other surface (canvas, paper, masonite, wood, foamboard, etc.) MUST be framed.
- Frames must be traditional frames. Frames made of poster board or loose pieces of wood will not be accepted.
- Overall size limit is 24×36 inches. This does not include the frame.
ADULTS (18 years and older)
Portraits, Figures, Buildings, Wildlife/Domestic Animals, Floral, Still Life, Landscapes, Seaways/Waterways, Black & White, Miscellaneous (Abstract/Impressionist/Mixed Media/Collage), Sugar Cane Industry.
JUNIORS (Below 12 years & 13-
Portraits/Figures, Wildlife/Domestic Animals, Floral/Still Life, Landscape/Waterways/Buildings, Black & White, Miscellaneous (Abstract/Impressionist/Mixed Media/Collage), Sugar Cane Industry.
Ribbons will be awarded for First, Second, Third, and Honorable Mention in each category as well as Sweepstakes awards in each division and Best of Show.
Judging will be on Friday morning, September 23. The show will open Friday afternoon for public viewing from 2-4 p.m., and Saturday, September 24 from
8 a.m.-4 p.m.
Professional artists are invited to submit one piece of art for exhibit. This piece should follow all guidelines but will not be entered into competition.
Artwork must be picked up no earlier than between 4 and 5 pm on Saturday, September 24. For more information please contact Yvette Louviere 337-367-6351, Margaret Melancon 337-560-1279, or Roxy Blanton 337-364-2562.